TABLE OF CONTENTS
Issue date / version number: 26 November 2020 / version 2.0
1. Your Personal Data
In this policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
2. Personal Data Collection
A. Information Collection from Users
2.1. We collect personal data you provide directly to us, depending on whether you enter into an agreement with Solar AI for access and use of the Service pursuant to a free or a full registered account (“Solar AI User”). This may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Your full name and contact information;
- Your membership information, account details, profile or password details;
- Your property data, including property address, utility bill information and roof plans;
- Your reviews, feedback and opinions about products and services;
- Any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
2.2 Solar AI collects information automatically about you when you browse the Solar AI website(s) or use the Service. This includes the following:
- Usage information, including monitoring the activity of the Service and features and content you access;
- Log and device information, such as log files from your computer or mobile device each time you access the Service, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and how you interact with the Service.
2.3 If you are only browsing this website, Solar AI generally does not capture any data that will allow us to identify you individually. However, please refer to section 11 below on cookies.
B. Information Collection for the Solar AI Platform
2.4 We may obtain personal data about you from third parties, which may include information from publicly-available and private data suppliers, from which we procure to validate or supplement our information in order to provide the Service, such as:
- Your full name, job position, business address, business telephone number or business email address;
- Your commercial information, including property address, construction information and company information such as registration number, incorporation date and operating information;
- Your professional or employment-related information, including job title and your affiliated organisation(s).
3. Use of Personal Data
3.1 Solar AI uses information collected for the purpose of providing the Service. We may collect, use, disclose and/or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide, operate, maintain and improve the Service;
- To register and manage any user accounts with us;
- To provide you with a solar estimation and marketplace services at your request;
- To connect you with a solar installer or developer at your request;
- To send regular information and updates on your solar project;
- To provide you with access to the content on our Service, and respond to your enquiries and requests for information and services;
- For direct marketing purposes to inform you about promotions, services and events of Solar AI and our partners, sponsors and advertisers;
- To conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys to improve our products and services;
- To manage, optimise, monitor and research the usage, performance and operation of our Service; or
- All other purposes related to our business and provision of service to you.
3.2 We may use your Personal Data to investigate and resolve claims or disputes, or as allowed or required by applicable law. We may also use your Personal Data when we are required, recommended, expected or requested to do so by our legal advisors or any local or foreign legal, regulatory, governmental or other authority.
3.3. We may also use your Personal Data in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale of company assets, consolidation, restructuring, financing, offering of securities, business asset and change of control transactions concerning our companies, businesses or assets. Additionally, in the event of Solar AI’s bankruptcy, insolvency or assignment for the benefit of creditors, we may not be able to control how Personal Data is transferred or used.
3.4 You may inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials by unsubscribing from the mailing list with the option provided in our marketing materials or email us and we will remove your details from our direct marketing database.
4. Disclosure of your Personal Data
A. Information Collected from Users
4.1 Your personal data may be disclosed to agents, data intermediaries or third-party service providers whom we have engaged specifically to assist with Solar AI’s activities. All such parties will be bound contractually to keep all information in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. You hereby agree to such transfer and transmission.
4.2 Dependent on your interaction with the Service, we may disclose and sell information collected about you as described above in section 2:
- Between and amongst Solar AI and a limited number of our affiliates as are relevant for the above purposes and to facilitate the operation of our business, but we shall only do so on a need to know basis;
- With third-party solar installers, developers, financial institutions and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or provide services to you;
- With any other party at your consent or at your direction; and
- Otherwise as permitted or required by applicable laws and regulations.
4.3 We may also disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable with third parties, including our commercial and strategic partners.
B. Information Collection for the Solar AI Platform
4.4 We will sell, distribute or lease your personal information to our clients and Solar AI Users unless we do not have your permission or are required by law not to do so.
5. Withdrawal of Consent
5.1 Upon reasonable notice, via the email address as stated in section 13, being given by an individual of his withdrawal of any consent given or deemed to have been given in respect of our collection, use or disclosure of his personal data, we will cease (and cause any of our data intermediaries and agents to cease) collecting, using or disclosing the personal data unless it is required or authorised under applicable laws.
5.2 Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us.
5.3 Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clauses above.
5.4 Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
6. Access to and Correction of Personal Data
6.1 Upon request, we will provide the individual with access to their personal data or other appropriate information on their personal data in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
6.2 Upon request, we will correct an error or omission in the individual’s personal data that is in our possession or control in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
6.3 Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
7. Protection of your Personal Data
7.1 We take the protection of your personal data from unauthorised access by others seriously. We shall make reasonable security arrangements to prevent the unauthorised access, use, collection, disclosure or copying of your personal data, in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
7.2 You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
8.1 We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing us in writing or via email as provided below in section 13.
9. Retention of Personal Data
9.1 We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
9.2 We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
10. Transfer of Data to other Countries
10.2 By submitting your personal data to us through our Service or otherwise, you are providing explicit consent to transborder transmission of data.
11.1 We may use, collect or analyse information from “cookies” stored on your computer or devices from which you use to access the Solar AI website(s) or the Service. This information is used to assist us in analysing the usage of our Service to improve your online experience with us.
11.2 Should you wish to disable the cookies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, this may affect the functionality of the Service provided.
12.1 This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal data by us.
13. Contacting us