Switching to solar has never been easier
Receive an instant solar estimate for your roof and find out how much you can save on your electricity bills. Compare between the best offers from pre-screened solar companies, completely online.
How it works
Enter your property and electricity bill information.
Simply key in your address and property details online. Let our technology do the rest for you.
Our system analyses your rooftop to calculate your solar potential.
We use satellite imagery and geospatial data to map your roof, detect obstacles and estimate your solar potential.
Receive an instant estimate and connect with pre-screened installers.
Get a personalized quote in your inbox, and connect with up to 3 solar companies for a no obligations free consultation.
A better way to get solar
The best offers on the market
We reduce costs for our solar installer partners who in turn compete for your business, resulting in lower prices and greater transparency for our customers.
Unbiased, quality advice
We have a 5-star track record and we often negotiate with solar installers on your behalf and recommend only the best offers.
Easy to use with no obligations
Get up to 3 complimentary and obligation-free quotes digitally through our platform, supported by our in-house virtual advisors.
Hear from our customers
Learn more about solar
Ask us anything
Have any questions about solar? Don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
The process of sourcing for solar quotations can be intimidating. At Solar AI, we want to ensure that going solar is as easy as possible for everyone. By using Solar AI, you will be able to enjoy all of the following benefits.
- A hassle-free digital process: Our online solar assessment tool and quote request form allow you to get digital quotes directly from recommended solar installers completely remotely.
- An effortless comparison between solar installers: Based on your needs and preferences, we will recommend appropriate installers for your solar installation. We will also provide you with comparison tables to help you benchmark the quotes that you receive.
- A neutral advisor: We represent you and serve as an advisor to help you get the best solar deal. We are also here to answer questions that you may have about solar and frequently negotiate prices or terms with solar installers on your behalf.
- Fair and transparent prices: Solar installers that quote with us know that they will be competing against other offers and keep their prices low. We often offer quotes that are comparable or even lower than those sourced externally.
The cost of installation will vary based on several factors. The most important being the number of solar panels being installed. The cost of a solar installation in Singapore ranges from S$10,000 to S$50,000. That said, a good estimate will be S$20,000 as most residential solar panel systems are around 10 kWp (S$2,000/kWp). Besides the number of solar panels installed, roof material, orientation and complexity are other factors that can affect installation costs.
Before you begin, do ensure that you have conducted a site visit with your selected solar installer and agreed on a finalised solar design and installation contract.
The following are the steps involved in a solar panel installation in Singapore.
- If required, scaffolding will be set up to access your rooftop
- Solar panels and inverters will be delivered to your property, and you will need to provide safe storage for the equipment before installation works begin
- Mounting frames for the solar panels will first be placed on your roof. On metal roofs, these are usually attached directly without any penetration. For tiled roofs, roof tiles will be removed temporarily in order to secure the mounting frame before they are returned to their original location.
- Once the solar panels are fixed onto the mounting frames, the panels are then wired to a solar inverter
- The solar inverter is then connected to your property’s distribution board, which is also connected to a meter and to the electric grid
- Finally, solar installers will conduct testing and quality assurance, as well as handle any required paperwork for the solar panel system
In Singapore, proper licensing is also required to set up a solar panel installation, as well as, registration with SP Services. Let us help you get in touch with qualified solar installers that will assist you with your solar panel installation.
Why we exist
Our mission is to hyperscale the deployment of distributed solar and the transition towards 100% renewables by using technology to modernize the way rooftop solar is sold.